Shapeshift: A Psychospiritual Exploration into Shadow-work
When & Where
About the Event
"It is not the monsters of the world who make such chaos but the collective shadow to which every one of us has contributed. Shadow work is probably the only way of aiding the outer city - and creating a more balanced world." ~ Robert A. Jonhson
To face our own Shadow - a term coined by Swiss psychoanalyst Carl Gustav Jung - is not to simply navel-gaze, and become consumed with inner-work and personal healing as an escape from the world. To face our own Shadow is indeed to expand our consciousness and become more intimate with the fullness of who we are - light, dark, and everything in between. It’s about reclaiming belonging with all of life and deepening our relationships with our fellow humans, and dare we say “enemies" out there, as well as all beings of nature. We might discover that those whom we deem as negative, those whom we believe are "other" and nothing like us, those who we are often annoyed by, are in fact mirrors for us, inviting us to see and embody more of our wholeness.
Are you at a point in your life where you value the journey of healing, transformation, and wholeness, and are seeking to embody more of your authentic truth, voice, and power?
Do you want to transform the disturbances and difficulties in your life - whether they come through nightmares, strange body pains, intense emotional outbursts, or conflict in your relationships - into empowerment and embodied wisdom?
Do you feel the calling to explore your inner world, to gently unearth what you’ve kept hidden away, and to develop a relationship with your body & soul, in an inclusive, trauma-sensitive, and supportive community space?
If so, we’d love for you to journey with us!
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE & RECEIVE:
- A lecture-style introduction weaving Jungian/Process-Oriented, Mythopoetic, & Shamanic/Animist perspectives to understand the Shadow
- Poetry & Storytelling to stir the awakening of the Soul
- A powerful writing practice to engage your awareness with your hidden Shadow Elements
- Dyad/Triad Break-out Group Sharing
- Earth-based ceremony
- A somatic-based Shapeshifting Exercise to further deepen your intimacy with your Shadow
- The opportunity to ask questions and share your experiences and reflections
- A recording of the class/gathering, take home powerpoint slides, and a homework exercise to further your integration process
Please note: This class/gathering is limited to 30 participants.
YOUR INVESTMENT: $60 AUD (Non-refundable)
*Please note that if you are having financial difficulties, but would really like to join, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to work something out. We feel strongly that this work should be available to those who need it and are drawn to the work, despite socio-economic barriers*
- Guest Registration$60+$1.50 Service fee$60+$1.50 Service fee0$0